I'm part of a "visit Nashville" group on Facebook and someone posting asking for tips of things to do with a 3 year old. I put together this quick list and thought I'd share it here as well for guests and friends to enjoy. There are so many other amazing options around town, but this is just a quick list to get you started.
1) Cheekwood Gardens - gorgeous gardens with lots of green space for kiddos to run and get some energy out! There is usually a seasonal exhibit and they are always amazing. There is also an incredible model train exhibit that you actually walk through and the trains go over your head and all around you plus a “children's garden” with a turtle pond etc. great for kids and parents.
2) Main Branch Library - beautiful space and free parking with validation for 1.5 hours at the attached garage. The children’s section is on the second floor and is epic with a playground, puppet play area, and more. Also check out their puppet show schedule! They are amazing!
3) The Tennessee State Museum is also downtown w/free parking and free admission. Parents would enjoy the whole museum for info about TN History and more plus there is an amazing kids room with activities and coloring and more.
4) Centennial Park is an amazing green space not far from Vanderbilt. Lots of families out picnicking and such and a duck pond where you can feed ducks (heads up you can only feed birdseed and fresh veggies, no bread). There is also a replica of the Parthenon that you can tour.
5) The Frist Art Museum has revolving fine and immersive exhibits perfect for grownups and kids to enjoy and on the top floor, the ArtQuest area is a hands on art experience that is a blast for everyone.
6) The Nashville Zoo is excellent excellent! We go all the time and the animal exhibits are beautiful, the animal show and veterinary center are unique and must-see and they just built a beautiful new playground for kids to enjoy.
bETHANY, YOUR HOST
AirBnB Superhost Bethany has lived in Nashville since 2006 and loves finding fun things to do at home and on the road!